r3s on the rC3: Call for Participation / People / Ideas
TLDR: Link to CfP submission form, deadline: 11/23/2020 11:42PM.
The Remote-Rhein-Ruhr-Stage offers a podium for everyone physical space on the virtual congress for people, projects, groups and communities.
This year there will be no congress as we have known from previous years. Instead, this time it will be a distributed event, with many opportunities to attend remotely.
Participation is the keyword of the hour!
To fill the exciting days between Christmas and New Year: We are looking for your ideas!
Let’s do crazy things with less wood and B1, but with more cyberspace.
Conceivable are classic presentations, for which we provide you with the appropriate equipment, through discussion groups or panels, up to completely new formats, e.g. in the form of workshops in which the participants can even take part in parallel at home. Or you tinker and solder in the stream for the armchair hackers.
What we offer
- Stage: We are planning to offer a real stage without an audience, with professional equipment and active support for streaming.
- Workshop Area: We would like to create a workshop area where people from remotely watch you. We also offer a workshop table which is also filmed in close-up “from above”. Depending on what you are planning, viewers can work with you on a project from home and e.g. Be there with the BigBlueButton.
- Podium: We offer a platform to hold discussion rounds and panels remotely.
Food for thought for potential contributions, let your creativity run free:
- Which formats do you know to carry out virtual / remote workshops with others?
- What can you do remotely that you couldn’t do at the congress?
- Do you know shared online games that you can take part in or just watch?
- Do you have ideas like “Yoga workshop - do sports together” or “Bob Ross - paint together” or could they be expanded?
- What have you always wanted to use a virtual congress for?
The following information about your suggestion or idea is helpful:
- How do you imagine that? (Rough concept, goal setting, number of participants, setup, preparation, implementation …)
- What technology is required?
- What requirements must be met for participants?
- How much does it cost?
- For specific suggestions such as talks, workshops, parties, implementation of ideas: Click here for the pretalx
- If you would like to help us with the organization: here to the unicorn system.
- At the weekly Mumble appointments (see news) we also talk about things that don’t fit into the above grid.
Greetings from the [r3s Orgateam] (mailto: email@example.com)